test

Kit Kat Rhythms

Just when you think note values are crystal clear, a 12-year old will come into your studio and tell you that a dotted half note gets 2 1/2 beats. Doh! I just know I can't be the only one.
 
So I have made an effort to clear up that little problem with my Kit Kat rhythm visuals. I am certainly not the first to use chocolate to help with rhythm concepts, so please remind me if I should give credit to someone out there.

I use these pages on my iPad by creating a custom workbook using the Noteshelf app. You can download my five images by clicking here on my Dropbox link.

Before you know it you will have a collection of handy booklets that you can use over and over again to present and reinforce important concepts.

With this set of images, you can help students visualize how the dot affects various note values. Each page has written drills that can easily be done on the iPad with a stylus. The last two pages include rhythms to clap and count, one set with dotted quarters and another set with dotted eighths.

Have fun and happy teaching.


Kit Kat Rhythms Kit Kat Rhythms Reviewed by starlightoko on 5:40 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.